12-10-13, 01:06 pm
How to install MTK USB driver manually on Windows
For some reason if you cannot install MTK 65XX drivers with the other methods (eg your phone or tablet is not visible in device manager), try this method.
- In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager
- Click any of the device groups you see there
- From Action menu, select Add legacy hardware
- Add hardware wizard will be opened, click next
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)
- Click next two times and click Have Disk button
- Click browse and find where your driver .inf file is, then select it
- Click Open and OK. You will see the drivers listed. Select your driver there and click next and finish installing. I use Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port for Jiayu G2 MTK 6577 phone.
- When you use SP flash tool now, it should be able to find your device