08-11-13, 04:25 am
Sony Xperia ZL is now ready for rooting and you can learn how to do it by using all the info listed in this article. Make sure that you’ll use the post only for this device and not for other Xperia Series devices.
Rooting your smartphone is extremely easy and, after you complete the root, then you will open up tons of new possibilities for your device such as installing custom ROMs, custom Kernels, themes, change boot animation etc. If you want to use this guide and you want to complete it without damaging your device, then you should read the guidelines listed below:
- Use the guide only for the SONY Xperia ZL smartphone. Don’t try to flash the files you find here on any other Android smartphone or tablet.
- The Xperia Z you’re about to root should be factory unlocked, it has to run the 10.1.A.1.350 firmware version.
- Also, it should have the CWM Recovery image installed. This is a custom Recovery mode that you will require in order to flash the rooting files. If your phone doesn’t feature it then you will need to read this how-to install CWM Recovery for Xperia ZL guide first.
- Fastboot should be installed on your PC and your device should feature a working Fastboot mode. The Android SDK files are required for this and you should remember where the Fastboot folder is located on your PC.
- Your device needs to have an external SDcard. Without one you cannot flash the files.
- This guide is for advanced users and you shouldn’t attempt to use it in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Make sure that your phone’s USB Debugging option is enabled.
- The phone’s battery should be charged and its power levels shouldn’t be under 40% when you begin the root process.
- Backup all your important data before getting to the tutorial.
- We cannot be blamed in case something goes bad and you lose data or you brick the phone.
- Make sure that there is no antivirus application currently running on your PC.
- If you cannot complete the root, then you should ask for more help in comments and we will help you with any extra steps.
- Don’t skip any instructions that I have listed.