08-09-13, 10:57 am
the primary reason that i bought amazon kindle fire ~ the ability to install custom android rom on kindle fire. yes, we can install custom android rom like cm7 android 2.3 gingerbread, cm9 android 4.0 ice cream sandwich on kindle fire to replace the stock software from amazon. we can do so with the help of twrp 2.0 recovery. note – install a new custom android rom will replace existing rom. so do make a full kindle fire system backup with twrp 2.0 recovery before continue. done everything? let’s follow below step by step video tutorial guide to install custom android rom on kindle fire.
- twrp 2.0 recovery
- android rom
step by step guide
- connect usb cable to kindle fire.
- mount it as usb mass storage mode.
- at pc, copy your android rom zip file (android-rom.zip in my case) to kindle fire sdcard (root level).
- turn off usb mass storage mode.
- unplug usb cable.
- power off kindle fire.
- power on it.
- press power button until light turn orange.
- twrp 2.0 recovery will be loaded then.
- select wipe. (you can skip this step if upgrade from same rom)
- select cache then wipe cache. (you can skip this step if upgrade from same rom)
- select dalvik cache then wipe dalvik-cache. (you can skip this step if upgrade from same rom)
- select factory reset then factory reset. (you can skip this step if upgrade from same rom)
- go back to home.
- select install this time.
- then select your android rom zip file (android-rom.zip in my case).
- select flash after that.
- after installed, select reboot system.
- that’s all.