08-09-13, 12:03 pm
the evolution of the smartphone is one that has undoubtedly impacted the daily lives of people in a positive way across the globe. the sheer convenience of the capabilities that it has to offer makes it such a handy tool that people often find themselves lost when they are without it.
iphones are among the top grossing mobile smartphones purchased and used in the united states today, but what happens when they lose their charge?
here are 4 simple ways to increase the life of your iphone. these suggestions apply to all iphone models and they are quick, simple, and beneficial for your everyday convenience.
i. before you begin
1. please note that any of the following adjustments will only have an effect on the battery life of your iphone; nothing else.
[b]ii. airplane mode[/b]
- scroll through your screen selections on your device and tap the settings icon.
- the first option that appears is airplane mode. switch from on to off.
ii. disabling the wi-fi capability
- after you switch the airplane mode to off, underneath it there is a header titled wi-fi > tap the selection.
- here it will list the network that you currently have your iphone connected to as well as other local connection options, or it will be set to off
- tap the switch > set to off
[b] iii. brightness[/b]
- in your settings > tap brightness.
- slide the indicator from the far right toward the left; this will dim your screen.
iv. push notifications
- within settings, scroll down to mail, contacts, calendars > tap the selection.
- from there, tap fetch new data.
- next to push > tap off
after this, turn your phone off and then back on again to reboot. from here on out, you will be able to notice a drastic increase in battery life with your iphone. you will get much more use of it throughout the day, and continue to benefit from all of its conveniences