08-09-13, 12:03 pm
have you ever wanted to make phone calls privately without having to *67 in pre-dial? whether you are calling a business or a landline/cell phone, people often find that they wish that their personal numbers were kept private. here is a quick trick on how to restrict your caller id from appearing on the receiving end without paying extra charges through your mobile provider.
i. before you begin
- please take note that this procedure will not involve any other aspects of your iphone aside from blocking your mobile number.
- to begin, scroll through your screen selections on your device and tap the settings icon.
- the first option that appears is airplane mode; scroll down thru the choices to phone. from there, select phone by tapping.
- after you select phone, there are different sections that appear within the selection > scroll down under the section titled calls.
- from there, tap show my caller id
3. tap the switch and set to off
- test your phone by shutting it off and then turning it back on again.
- make a phone call to a line where you are able to see the caller id and make sure that it has worked and the caller id has been disabled