12-01-14, 11:13 am
Prerequisites to flash Android 4.4 KitKat on LG G2 with Gummy ROM:
- Backup any important data from your LG G2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your LG G2 must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Android 4.4 KitKat on LG G2 with Gummy ROM:
Required files: download the Android 4.4 KitKat Gummy custom ROM for LG G2 from here; save the file on your computer but do not extract the contents.
- Connect G2 to your PC using a data cable and copy the zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and turn off your smartphone.
- Boot LG G2 into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS; important step to revert back to current state. Go to Backup > backup and restore.
- Perform wipe data operations: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Back from the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Gummy Android 4.4 KitKat firmware zip and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Verizon LG G2 into the new ROM. First boot takes a good few minutes so kindly be patient.
That was how to flash Android 4.4 KitKat on LG G2 using Gummy custom ROM. You have upgraded your Verizon LG G2 in to the very latest Android 4.4 KitKat successfully!