08-09-13, 01:08 pm
the sprint lg optimus g lg-ls970 is finally free. the hardworking developers of the xda developers forum have come up with ways to root the phone, unlock its bootloader, and even install custom recovery. through their efforts, they’ve managed to make the optimus g a fertile land for android development. unfortunately, having to track down the individual threads for these methods can give anyone a headache. thanks to xda developers member theshadow1, however, all of these methods to free your phone can be found in one tool, the aio tool for the optimus g, otherwise known as gaio.
this tool centralizes all of the processes of installing the optimus g drivers, rooting, unlocking bootloader, and even installing custom recovery in one place. all users need to do is download the file to their windows or linux computers, make sure they have java installed, and run the tool. a word of caution, however. unfortunately, gaio is not compatible with version zv9 firmware and cannot root it. theshadow1 is planning to include features such as removing root, re-locking the bootloader, and implementing the reboot menu in the tool’s future, so keep your eyes peeled for it. in the meanwhile, use gaio to free your phone and enjoy applying a variety of android customizations.
this guide shows you how to bootloader unlock and root the optimus g ls970.
- the instructions in this guide are intended for use with the sprint lg optimus g, model number ls970. applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- the information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. there is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- use these instructions at your own risk. we shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- sprint lg optimus g lg-ls970
- a windows/linux computer with java installed
- download the
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- enable usb debugging on your phone. go to settings > developer options > tick the usb debugging option.
- make sure your device’s battery still has at least 70% power. you don’t want the device to shut down in the middle of the procedure.
- backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, sms, mms, internet settings, wi-fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data