17-02-14, 03:58 pm
As with any custom software, there are some things you must do before starting the rooting program, and these include backing up your data and some very important requirements that will ensure that you device is in its best form in order to avoid any unnecessary complications. We will start with these requirements first:
- Firstly, you must make sure that you Xperia Ray is running on the official Android 4.0.3 Firmware, which has been most likely pushed to your device as an OTA update. This is very important as the rooting software will not work on other firmware versions.
- The second very important aspect is that you need to charge your Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray to 70% or even to full battery capacity in order to prevent it from accidentally powering off during the rooting procedure.
- Another important aspect that needs your attention is the disabling of any antivirus or other security related software on your computer because these tools tend to interfere with the rooting program.
- You will also need to enable the USB Debugging setting that you can find by going to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
- For safety reasons you should also use the original USB cable that came with your Xperia Ray.
Next up we will be using some third party apps and procedures to backup all your personal data that is stored on your device. This step is optional as the rooting process should not affect your data, but it is better to be on the safe side. In case you are wondering why we are not using the official Sony made software, it does not recognize the Xperia Ray once it has been rooted.
- Internet & MMS Settings – Write down all the settings from this path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
The only thing that is left now is the actual rooting process. We have broken down the procedure in a number of easy to follow steps, but should still exhibit caution while following them. Make sure that you do not skip any of the following lines:
- We will begin this part by downloading this Xperia Ray Rooting Package made by Doom Lord to your computer and extracting it to an easily reachable folder placed on your Desktop.
- Next up you will have to connect your Xperia Ray to your computer with the original USB cable and start up the runme.bat application from the extracted files. A black CMD window should appear once you start the program and it should look very much like the one below:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray Rooting Tool
- After you made sure that you device is safely connected to your PC you only need to press the 1 key on your keyboard in order to start the rooting process.
- This software will root your Xperia Ray and it will also install two key components needed for any program that requires root access: the superuser and busy box applications.
- The rooting process shouldn’t take very long, and it will be over once you can read on the screen the All Done message. This message means that the procedure has been successful.