24-02-14, 06:19 am
The latest version of the Android system, the Jelly Bean 4.2 one can now be installed on the LG Optimus 3D smartphone and all thanks to those of xda-developers who had just provided a suitable custom ROM firmware for the mentioned device. Since there are no words about a future Android 4.1 or 4.2 OTA update for your Optimus 3D this tutorial should be just perfect for those who are willing to test the new Android platform and its features. So, we will be checking in how to update the LG Optimus 3D with the Android 4.2 powered Jellybam software.
The JellyBam ROM is well known among the users who are used with the beta updates, as the firmware is being available for other Android based handsets too (like Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Note). The software is actually a mixed OS with features and apps ported from the CM10.1, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid platforms, therefore by completing this step by step guide you will update your LG Optimus 3D with the same. Of course, all the mentioned custom ROMs are being Android 4.2 Jelly Bean based ones.
According to our sources, the Jellybam OS is now on its stable version which means that all the bugs and issues were successfully removed and resolved. The Android Jelly Bean 4.2 system will smoothly work on your Optimus 3D. So, in order to conclude, by applying this tutorial you will be able to flash a CM10.1, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid based custom ROM on your phone and update its OS to latest Jelly Bean platform. Also, you will improve the performances of your smartphone as the firmware will optimize and customize the RAM memory, the battery life and practically everything else. With that being said, we should get started with the proper guide.
- Backup the LG Optimus 3D data and make a Nandroid backup before doing anything else. All of your info will be wiped out so don’t skip this step. Take your time and apply a full backup for saving your text messages, call logs, contacts, market apps and so on.
- Then root the Optimus 3D or else you will not be able to update it to Android Jelly Bean 4.2. The CM10.1, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid based JellyBam software needs to access some internal files from your device and by previously rooting the OS you can grant that access.
- Next, install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your phone. This tool will be essential for the installation procedure that will follow; be aware as you can flash CWM recovery only on a rooted device.
- The warranty will get void, so don’t try to update the handset by yourselves because you will end up in bricking your Optimus 3D.
- You can restore the warranty by downgrading to the stock ROM (that’s why you should make a Nandroid backup) or by updating with an official software provided by LG.
- A Windows running computer is being required.
- If you want to safely make it through the update operation, the on both PC and smartphone deactivate the antivirus and Firewall (along with any other security tools) protection.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Optimus 3D: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Charge the battery before going any further or else your device might get turned off in the middle of the process and also bricked.
- Complete the present step by step guide only for updating the LG Optimus 3d model number P920 to Android 4.2 with Jellybam custom ROM; by performing this operation on a differed smartphone you will risk in bricking the same.
How to Update LG Optimus 3D to Android 4.2 with JellyBam Custom ROM Firmware
- Just use
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- Then, after connecting the Optimus 3D with the computer, take the downloaded file and place it to your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable.
- And then turn off the device.
- Reboot in recovery mode.
- Do a backup before going to the next step.
- Use the recovery menu and select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- Return: “+++go back+++”.
- And then select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- You can now pick the update file from your phone’s SD card and install the same on the LG Optimus 3D.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++”, “reboot system now” and you are done.