08-09-13, 05:11 pm
one of its biggest plus factor has to be its display and processor that make this beast a worthwhile companion for day-to-day use. with so many dual-core devices already flooding the market, the galaxy s may be overshadowed in terms of specifications and functionality. but, thanks to the developers of the underground community, the galaxy s can still catch-up with the latest trends by simply having root access.
the galaxy s has already experienced many changes in the course of official firmware updates and old rooting methods will certainly not work. for those of you who have already upgraded the device to xwjw1 gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware, then you’re in luck as we’ve got the inside scoop on how you can root your device running the said firmware.
in this tutorial, you’ll learn how you can root your galaxy s running xwjw1 gingerbread 2.3.6 and install clockworkmod recovery on your phone.
this rooting method will only work for galaxy s gt-i9000 users who have xwjw1 gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware installed on their device.
- download the rooting package named
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- extract the contents of the rar file that you have downloaded using any rar extraction software (e.g., winrar). you should have 8 files namely:
- i9003_odin3 v1.82.exe
- launch the odin application on your computer by double-clicking the “i9003_odin3v1.82 exe” file.
- turn off your device and enter download mode. you can enter download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding down the volume down key and home button, and then pressing the power button.
- connect your device to your computer via usb cable.
- as soon as your device is connected to your pc, odin’s id:com port should turn yellow indicating that the drivers of your phone are successfully installed. if it doesn’t, we recommend that you install the samsung usb drivers or kies software to manually install your phone’s drivers.
- click the pda button and browse for the “zimage.tar” file.
- once the file is matched, hit the start button to begin the rooting process.
- as soon as the installation process is done, your device will automatically reboot itself.
- disconnect your device from your pc after it has rebooted.
- enable usb debugging mode in your phone by heading to “settings > applications > development > usb debugging.” make sure that there’s a check mark beside the option.
- once again, connect your device to your computer via usb cable.
- launch the application called “runme.bat” from the files that you have downloaded earlier. this should open a command window; follow the on-screen instructions to begin the installation process. the command window should disappear after the installation is complete.
- copy the superuser.apk file to your phone’s sd card and install the file by opening it in your phone.
- turn off your phone and enter into recovery mode. you can enter recovery mode by simultaneously pressing and holding down the volume down key, home button and then pressing the power button.
- once inside recovery mode, select “wipe data/ factory reset” and select “wipe cache partition.”
- reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from the options in recovery mode.
- install rom manager from the android market place. open the application and select the option “install the clockworkmod recovery” to install clockworkmod recovery unto your device.