01-07-14, 11:01 am
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This only works on Windows based PCs.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package(Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ascend G510-0100:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Copy the dload folder you have on your Desktop over to the Internal storage of your device.
6. Once it’s been copied, turn OFF your device.
7. While the device’s turned OFF, press and hold Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. It should start installing the update.app file on your device.
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
10. Now double-click on rootx_start.bat file you extracted from the archive and it’ll start rooting your device.
11. Your device should be rooted within a couple of minutes.
12. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your Huawei Ascend G510-0100 has been successfully rooted and is all ready to be loaded with your favorite root-only apps!