03-07-14, 11:08 pm
To set up your SmartWatch device, you need to:
- install on your phone the LiveWare™ manager application or the Smart Connect application from Google Play™, if the application is not already installed.
- pair your SmartWatch device with your phone using a Bluetooth™ connection.
- install the SmartWatch application on your phone.
- install on your phone applications which are tailor-made for SmartWatch, such as Messaging, Calendar, Find phone, Facebook and Twitter. These applications help you run specific functions on your SmartWatch device.
To install the LiveWare™ manager or Smart Connect application
- From your phone’s main application menu, find and tap Play Store.
- If you have a Sony phone running Android 4.0 or later, search for “smart connect”. If you have a phone running another Android version, search for “liveware manager”.
- Tap the application name, then tap Download.
To pair SmartWatch with your phone
- Turn on the Bluetooth™ function in your phone.
- Turn off SmartWatch if it is not already turned off.
- SmartWatch: Press and hold down the power key until the pairing screen appears.
- Place your phone close to your SmartWatch.
- Go to the Bluetooth™ devices list in the Bluetooth settings of your phone. Tap SmartWatch.
- If the codes displayed on your phone and SmartWatch match, tap the Checkmark icon on your SmartWatch, then tap Pair on your phone.
Note: If pairing fails, the SmartWatch device switches off and you need to restart and enter pairing mode again.
To install the SmartWatch application
- Pair your phone with your SmartWatch.
- In the pop-up window that appears, tap Continue, and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Note: Even when connected, your SmartWatch status is shown as Paired but not connected under Bluetooth settings in your phone.
To search for SmartWatch applications
- Phone: Drag the status bar downwards.
- Tap SmartWatch > Applications. A list of recommended and pre-configured applications for SmartWatch appears.
- Tap an application name to go to Google Play™, or tap Search for applications for a full list of available applications in Google Play™.
To install Google Play™ applications
- In Google Play™, select an application you want to download, then follow the instructions that appear to download and install it on your phone.