09-09-13, 09:46 am
paranoidandroid is one of the most popular custom roms and now it it based on the jelly bean 4.1 rom and you can use the instructions listed in this article to update your htc desire with it. make sure that you read the entire article to be certain that you know exactly what it means to install a custom rom on your smartphone. however, if you’re an advanced android user, then it means that you know how to install a custom rom and this process shouldn’t more than 5 minutes.
this custom rom has been ported by ‘marius.a’ from xda senior member and it brings the phablet mode for your htc desire phone. besides this, you will get all the paranoidandroid features and the jelly bean 4.1 functions. install this rom on your phone, but first you should create a full backup of the existing rom. the jelly bean os comes with a smoother interface, google now, expandable notifications, smart keyboard and the improved voice recognition. in order to correctly install this custom rom you should read the preparation guide so that you learn how to backup applications, sms and other files.
this rom is currently under development and since it isn’t an official release it might still pack some bugs and errors. that’s why we ask you to post any bugs found into our comments section. now that you know all this, i think that you should move to the preparation guide and learn how to correctly prepare for the installation of paranoidandroid phablet jelly bean custom rom on your htc desire smartphone:
- install this rom only on the htc desire device. it won’t work with any other smartphone or tablet, which is why you shouldn’t attempt to flash it.
- your device should be unlocked, rooted and running a custom recovery image like the cwm recovery or twrp recovery. if your device meets these requirements, you can move to the next step, as if otherwise, it won’t work and you won’t be able to flash the rom.
- backup your existing rom. this backup file might become useful in case you don’t like the paranoidandroid jelly bean custom rom and how it works for your device.
- if you want to save a list of your installed apps or to backup apn internet settings, sms or call logs info, then you have to use the following applications for android: appbak for android apps backup | sms backup & restore | call logs backup & restore | apn settings backup & restore.
- to save the phone numbers stored on your htc desire you will need to sync phone contacts with your gmail account.
- go to your phone’s settings menu and enable usb debugging option.
- before starting to install the custom jb rom you should check the battery power charge level, that should be over 70%. this will prevent the htc desire from powering off during the install process.
- note that you’re the only one to blame in case the phone gets bricked during the installation. we won’t be held responsible if your phone loses data or if any files gets corrupted in the process. also, note that this guide should be applied by advanced android users as in case you’re a beginner then you risk to brick the device.
- read the entire tutorial guide and only when you’re sure that you know how to install the update, you should begin the installation of paranoidandroid phablet custom rom.
- remember that this rom is an experimental release and you shouldn’t use it as a daily rom, which is why i told to backup the entire rom before beginning to install it on your phone.