09-09-13, 09:47 am
a couple of years ago, there was a fierce race between samsung and htc to release the first android running device with a 1 ghz processor. during these two years many things have changed and the whole android world has gone to new heights in the users preferences. but there is still one thing that can’t be changed, the former flagship devices. both htc and samsung have provided end users to means to upgrade their desire’s and galaxy s’s to android 2.3 gingerbread, but it looked like that was the end for two devices that made history. thankfully, the dedicated developer communities stuck with these old devices and gave them new life. this article is meant to be a user guide for people who want to install the runnymede aio v6.1.1 special edition custom rom on their htc desires.before we move on you should know a couple of very important aspects regarding rooting any android device. updating your htc desire with a custom rom will most likely void your warranty, so if you are uncomfortable with this and still have warranty for yourdesire you should probably stop here. if somehow, something goes wrong, you are on your own. neither we nor the developer of this software can be held responsible for any damage that might come to your device by following this guide. by all means, you should not be discouraged by the above statement, as everything in this article should work thanks to the testing process that came prior to the release of this custom rom. thanks to the guys over at androidadvices for finding this procedure.like many other innovations brought to our devices by the developer community, the runnymede aio v6.1.1 special edition custom rom was the first htc desire rom and one of the first ever custom software out there that supported a graphical interface on installation. this rom came with custom made installer that made use of the touchscreen during the installation procedure. this was a real breakthrough and it was possible thanks to the development of a touch supporting recovery. read below to find out the features of this amazing rom:
- based on official htc sensation xl base 1.27.1400.4: android 2.3.5 with sense 3.5
- full-featured sense 3.5 with all 3d widgets
- rcmix3d tweaks: custom options for lockscreen, statusbar, rosie tweaks, scripts, and more!
- supports generic a2sd and custom ad2sdx by amarullz (only for cm7r2 hboot): requires 1 to 1.5gb ext4!
- deodexed and zipaligned
- with init.d support
- system optimization for graphics & speed
- multilingual (almost all languages)
- trackpad-to-wake and trackpad-to-unlock
- superuser 3.0.7
- virtuous_oc or andrev_oc daemon (default smartassv2: 384-998mhz wake, 384-576mhz sleep)
- includes daemon controller for custom oc/uv settings (optional)
- includes incredicontrol for cpu frequencies and voltages (optional