09-09-13, 10:29 am
motorola atrix 2 is a nice smart-phone but its niceness is limited to itself as it hasn’t got much back – in support. its one of those devices lingering around not able to find a stable custom rom to be flashed – rather its owners are very unhappy of the situation. in addition to this agony it also had an update which was based on ics which bricked the phones of many who tried to flash it! – but this heartrending story of atrix should end here.
thanks to the xda developer ‘wanggjghost’ whose efforts have prompted a jelly bean based rom product to come up. yes, directly to jelly bean this phone has plunged! what could be more exiting to hear than this: ‘it’s one of the stable roms with very less bugs and will not brick your device’. motorola doesn’t seem to be interested in providing any update to this device as it never showed any intentions for the same.
atrix 2 with jelly bean will surely be a grand party coming true. jelly bean is the latest os from the android manufacturers – google. jelly bean is known for its ultra-smooth ui, enhanced & actionable notifications, advanced settings menu, new face unlock, better browser capabilities, buttery calendar, and much more.
if you are really interested in flashing this rom remember that this is a custom rom and may have some errors associated (which are hidden sometimes). so, if you are not comfortable flashing custom rom better keep away else to the geeks out there, there is no one stopping you! make sure to read and follow the ‘important!’ section.
- create a backup of your data present in the phone’s internal memory. this procedure wipes all the data in your phone’s memory except the sd card. use ‘backup manager’, if you wish to do an automated backup. don’t forget to save the following:
- executable files
- apn settings
- any other data important to you.
- make sure you have your device rooted before you proceed for installation. browse (the internet) & find the rooting procedure and root your phone.
- charge your phone to show up 70% of battery.
- uninstall/disable the antivirus/security programs on your device, as they usually interfere with the upgrade process.
- download the cm10 jelly bean rom from
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- cm10 cannot be installed through the stock recovery. only roms with moto signatures will be able to install through stock recovery. you need a custom recovery to install any custom rom, such as (in the case of the a2) safestrap or bootmenu.
- you must be on ics before installing any kind of rom that is based on jellybean. cm10 will not install over jelly bean, even if you have a custom recovery running properly.
- transfer the rom file (if you downloaded that on your pc or somewhere else) to the root folder of your phone’s sd card.
- switch off your atrix 2.
- switch on the phone and see the red logo of motorola flashing on the screen. as soon as you see the logo, press the volume down button continuously until the recovery mode is attained.
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’ à ‘choose zip from sdcard’ à scroll to & select the rom file à ‘yes’ to confirm. this will install the rom to your phone.
- after the rom installation, if at all the phone doesn’t reboot automatically into the new jb rom, select ‘go back’ à ‘reboot system now’. your phone will now reboot into the new jelly based cm10 rom