09-09-13, 02:05 pm
samsung galaxy s ii i9100g has its custom roms finally being developed and updated to the android world’s samsung community. there are a couple of roms available for this model as ,in addition to the cm9 rom, the xda has developed the vanilla rootbox jelly bean 4.1.1 rom which has the features of both cm10 and aokp. this rom is the outcome of a more refined research upon the custom roms for i9100g as the last aokp based rom by xda failed to port successfully onto this model a few days ago because of a bug issue.
the notable difference between the rootbox rom and other roms is that, the rootbox combines the effect of both the aokp and cyanogenmod10. features such as choosing more/extra apps, reports, android soul are available on this.the vanilla rootbox enhances the notifications look and feel plus the options under it, gives superior voice recognition, and the most important effortless and sleek interface to interact with.however, there are certain features that are under development and/or untested on i9100g. for example, rom control feature’s navigation bar doesn’t work and no option to swap internal/external. also, the mtp connection is only available and no mass storage as of now. but, unlike that, mounting points are changed and no further issues are expected. google ears is also not available.
steps to download and install vanilla rootbox jelly bean rom on galaxy s2, i9100g:
- backup your important data and applications, as this installation removes all apps, data and settings. it is important to remember that, you should save your apn settings as you will be able restore it, in case your data connection doest work after installation. (you can feel good, as this installation does not affect your sd card).
- install the stock android 4.0.3 xxlpq firmware. (you should take help of some guide or browse to get info on how to install this)
- install the clockworkmod (cwm) recovery on xxlpq. (again follow a guide or browse)
- download the vanilla rootbox rom from its original release page.
- copy the zip file into your internal sd card.
- switch your phone and start it, and boot into the clockworkmod. to do this, you have to hold three buttons (volume-up+home+power) till the screen displays. to scroll in the recovery section use the volume keys and to select an option use the power key.
- select wipe data/ factory reset, then select yes on the popped up screen to validate. you have to wait till the factory reset is complete.
- select mounts and storage, then you need to select format /system to format the existing system. go back to the main recovery menu when the format is over. (don’t worry about your sd card, as it wont be affected).
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. scroll down to the rom file and select it. it will ask for confirmation of the installation and you should select ‘yes’. the rom gets installed.
- as you complete installing the rom, you then select ‘go back’ option, and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot the phone and enter into the new vanilla rootbox rom boot up! it can take almost five minutes to complete the boot process the first time