09-09-13, 02:42 pm
the official built of the android 4.2.2 jelly bean based cm10.1 nightlies custom rom is now available for the samsung epic 4g, so you can anytime start updating your qwerty slider android powered smartphone with the same. the firmware can be downloaded from the cyanogenmod official webpage, but if you want to use a dedicated tutorial for learning how to flash the software on your epic 4g, then completing this step by step guide is what you need to do. the installation procedure can be easily performed, though you do have to first prepare your device for the update operation that will follow.
as you might know, the unofficial port of the cm10.1 firmware is already available for your epic 4g, but if you want to get the latest features and a more stable version of the rom, the nightlie release is what you need to get and install on your qwerty slider smartphone. i know that the samsung epic 4g is an old device with dated specs and features, but those who are still using the phone can upgrade and power up the performances of the same by applying this android 4.2.2 jelly bean based firmware.
furthermore, the samsung epic 4g will no longer receive official updates, so this is the perfect moment for those who want to test and experience the latest android system, the jelly bean one, on their own smartphones. also, cm10.1 will bring extra features that cannot be found in the default version of the android platform, which means that you will get a custom jelly bean os that has its own looks and capabilities. of course for being able to receive all that you need to learn how to manually install the cm10.1 firmware on your epic 4g, the easiest way being explained during the next steps.
but first let’s prepare your device for the flashing process. this is a custom rom, not a stock software, so you must apply the pre requisites before starting to flash the jelly bean firmware. therefore, root your samsung epic 4g and install a custom recovery image on its system. by rooting your will remove the factory restrictions as cm10.1 will have to access some internal files and programs from your phone. then, the recovery image (cwm recovery for example) will be used for installing a zip file from the sd card to the internal system of your device.
now, as you will make changes and apply unofficial operations on your epic 4g, by rooting and by installing the jelly bean 4.2.2 custom rom you will void the samsung warranty. now, if you’re not comfortable about this aspect, maybe it will be better to stop going any further; anyway, the unpleasant situations can be avoided by following this tutorial, so don’t apply something without consulting my directions. the best part is that you can restore the warranty if you reset the flash counter, or if you downgrade your epic 4g to stock firmware.
it is extremely important to backup the data before starting the update operation. you see, for being able to apply the cm10.1 software, a wipe will have to be performed which means that all of your personal info will be erased. it will be a good idea to save at least the text messages, contacts, market apps, efs folder and call logs. also, if possible do a nandroid backup because in this way, if something bad happens, you will be able to easily restore the stock os. next, take a look over the list from below where i have mentioned the general pre requisites.
- in order to succeed with this step by step guide you will have to use a computer or notebook; the smartphone and its usb cable should also be near you.
- then, on the same computer and on your handset deactivate the security settings and the security programs; the tools might interfere with the update.
- also, you might want to charge the device before applying the cm10.1 software; else it might get turned off while performing the next steps.
- enable the usb debugging option on your phone.
- and, complete the tutorial only for updating the samsung epic 4g; the procedure can’t be used for a similar device as it will brick it.
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- also, get the google apps package from here; the google apps are not included in the update file, so you have to flash them separately.
- use the usb cable and connect the phone with the computer.
- now, place the downloaded files from the computer to your phone’s sd card.
- disconnect the device from the pc.
- turn off the samsung epic 4g and reboot into recovery mode.
- from there, wipe the system and then flash the rom.
- for the wipe select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- and for the installation procedure select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- pick the update file first and apply the same; then do similar and flash the google apps package too.
- when everything is over, select “+++go back+++”, “reboot system now” and you are done.