09-09-13, 02:59 pm
the cyanogenmod team has launched their latest cm 10.1.2 stable rom. you can now use this tutorial and learn how to update your verizon galaxy s3 smartphone with this new build. make sure that you know what you’re doing before getting to the ‘how-to’ part of this post.
installing this update is easy, it brings new security patches and multiple other new tweaks. in order to successfully update your device, you will first have to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the samsung galaxy s3 model number i535. do not attempt to update your smartphone in case it’s a different version.
- your sgs3 needs to be using an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running a custom recovery image like cwm or twrp.
- use the custom recovery mode to create a full nandroid backup of the current rom. this will set a restore point for your device, a backup that can be used in case something goes wrong during the updating process.
- the tutorial will ask you to ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ your device, which means that you will lose all contents stored on the system partition. all contents stored on your device’s internal sd card will not be wiped.
- backup sms, call logs info and apn internet settings.
- all the applications data can be backed up using a google play store apps that are designed for these types of activities.
- enable usb debugging option from the developer options menu.
- read the entire post and make sure not to skip any steps listed below.
- make sure that your device has enough power left in it before starting the updating process.
- for any problems that you might encounter during the installation, you will need to tell us in comments.
now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with the latest stable build of cyanogenmod