09-09-13, 04:08 pm
the samsung galaxy tab p1000 has just received a preview build of cyanogenmod 10 rom and this guide will teach you how to successfully install it. this is an alpha build of the cm10 and it uses android 4.1.1 jelly bean aosp. use all the instructions i’ve listed in this article and you will manage to successfully flash this rom on your device without too much trouble.
the xda recognized developer ‘cdesai’ is the developer that managed to create this working build of cm10. use the preparation guide before moving to the tutorial and this will help you correctly configure your device so that you’ll manage to successfully install the new alpha cm10 rom from your first attempt. this is an android 4.1.1 jelly bean rom and it is based on cm10, but since it is an alpha version, it means that it might pack some bugs and errors. install this rom only if you’re interested in testing jelly bean’s new project butter that smoothens the transitions between screens and other ui performances. also, it brings a better and smarter keyboard, advanced speech recognition, google now etc.
wifi, bluetooth, calls, 3g, messaging, front facing camera, audio are all working. the auto-rotation animation might be glitchy and the external sd isn’t mounted. now that you know all this general info, you should move to the tutorial guide and learn how to successfully configure your device for the cm10 jelly bean updating process. here’s what you need to do:
- install this alpha cm10 jelly bean 4.1.1 only on the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 with model number p1000. it doesn’t work with other devices, not even with other galaxy tab 10.1 model so use this guide only with the p1000 device. this version can be checked by opening ‘settings’ then open ‘about tablet’ and there you will have the model number of your galaxy tab 10.1.
- if you install this rom, you will have to wipe all data and factory reset the device. this step is listed in the tutorial and this means that you will have to move all important files on your device’s internal sd card. the wipe data step will delete the installed apps and not the sdcard.
- use the appbak tool to save all your installed android applications.
- to backup your sms and call logs info.
- use apn settings backup and restore app to backup the internet settings for your galaxy tab 10.1 p1000. this app will allow you to restore the original apn settings in case the internet won’t work after the update is complete.
- sync your phone contacts with your gmail account.
- enable usb debugging mode.
- make sure that your tablet’s battery is fully charged, so that it won’t power off during the update process.
- note that this tutorial features the alpha build of cm10 for galaxy tab 10.1 p1000 and it might contain bugs and other errors, which means that you should create a full backup of the rom that is currently installed on your tablet. this will then help you restore the file in case you’re unsatisfied with how cm10-based jelly bean rom works. use cwm recovery or rom manager to create a full backup of your phone before installing the update.
- the cwm recovery should be installed and the device has to be already rooted for this update to install its files.
- this guide is for advanced android users and you shouldn’t attempt to install it in case you don’t know your way around clockworkmod recovery, rooting files and similar advanced actions. make sure to ask for help in comments in case you cannot complete the update process.