09-09-13, 04:09 pm
if you need to manually update your galaxy note 2 to latest stock android 4.1.2 jelly bean os, then you should complete this step by step guide, as during the following lines we will be checking on how to install the official jb xxdme1 firmware. the update has been already ota launched by samsung for the galaxy note 2, but in case you want, or need to manually flash the same, you can anytime use this tutorial. so, let’s begin in detailing in which the update operation will consist in.
first, you need to know that the android 4.1.2 jelly bean xxdme1 os is the latest official update offered by samsung for the galaxy note 2 n7100, so we are dealing with the stock firmware. furthermore, since this is the latest ota released, the xxdme1 rom is also the most stable and smooth jelly bean system available for your note 2. all the previous bugs and issues have been resolved and until the android 4.2.2 update will be rolled out, xxdme1 is all we get. therefore, if you want the best for your phablet, then you need to install the latest updates.
now, even though you will manually install the stock jelly bean 4.1.2 xxdme1 os on your galaxy note 2, you will still receive the same version as the ota update, which means that: you will get the latest features, apps, tools, capabilities and bugs fixes available for your note 2 and also, the flashing operation will not make any other, and unexpected, changes on your phablet. therefore, by completing this guide, the warranty of your device will not get void (as you know, when applying custom roms, the warranty will get lost) so you have nothing to worry about; your phone will be in safe hands.
anyway, do read all the lines from this tutorial as if you somehow manage to mess things up, you can still brick your smartphone. that’s why you shouldn’t complete things by yourselves, without consulting the steps from below.
in order to make things right, you should start the flashing procedure by preparing the note 2 and by applying the essential and general pre requisites. also, read the extra-info related to the present operation for being sure that you are aware of everything.
- you don’t have to root your phablet in order to install the jelly bean 4.1.2 xxdme1 os.
- but, if you do have a rooted samsung galaxy note 2, after completing the step by step guide, the root access will be revoked and the factory restrictions re-installed.
- this means that in case your device is on a custom rom, now you will be able to restore the default jelly bean experience and also to restore the lost warranty.
- you don’t have to install a custom recovery image on your phone as we are not flashing a custom software. in our case, odin will be used, which means that you don’t have to deal with custom and complex procedures.
- a backup is recommended though as in rare cases, if something isn’t working as planned, a wipe is being required. so, take your time and save your contacts, messages, personal info, call logs, efs and internet settings, market apps and everything else you might need afterwards.
- a windows running computer is being required along with your galaxy note 2 and its usb cord.
- on your smartphone and on the pc there shouldn’t be installed security tools as the antivirus programs for example, can interact, interfere or interrupt the update process.
- it is a good idea to charge your phablet before going any further; else your note 2 might get turned off (and bricked) while the jelly bean 4.1.2 xxdme1 is being flashed through odin.
- enable the usb debugging option on your device; you can handle this by going to path “settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging”.