09-09-13, 04:10 pm
cyanogenmod team finished work on the cm 10.1.0 rc2 build and now you can learn how to install it on your phone using the instructions that i have listed in this tutorial. read all the info below and you should be able to complete the update at your first try. note that this is a guide that installs a custom rom, it is not an official jelly bean update by t-mobile nor samsung.
the release candidate 2 build is one of the most stable releases of cm 10.1 rom and it is one of the most popular custom rom that are available right now for the t-mobile galaxy note. in order to learn how to successfully flash this custom rom on your phablet device, then you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- use this tutorial only with the t-mobile variant of the samsung galaxy note device. the phone should have the model number t879. don’t try to flash these files on any other android device, as you will end up bricking the firmware.
- your device has to be factory unlocked, rooted and running a custom recovery image such as the twrp or cwm ones. we’ve used the clockworkmod – cwm recovery for this tutorial, but you can use the twrp one, in case that’s the one installed on your device.
- you should create a nandroid backup of your current os using the custom recovery mode. this should be done before installing the new os, as you will create a restore point for your phone and it can be used if the phone doesn’t boot into normal mode with cm 10.1 rc2.
- the tutorial tells you to ‘factory reset’ the device, but you can skip this step in case your device is already running a previous build of cm 10.1 rom. however, do apply factory reset if your device is currently on a totally different rom.
- the factory reset step will remove the contents from the system partition, action that will uninstall all apps. try and use an application backup tool if you don’t want to lose important app data
- enable the usb debugging from the android developer options screen, go through setting to find it.
- make sure that the t-mobile galaxy note battery has enough power left before the device switches off completely before the cm 10.1 rc2 is installed.
- don’t skip any steps that i’ve listed in this guide.
- don’t blame us if you brick your phone or you lose any important data in the process.
- if you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for extra help in comments.