09-09-13, 04:10 pm
the samsung galaxy nexus device can be updated to the latest android 4.2.2 jelly bean using the cm 10.1 release candidate 2 build. this is the latest cm build release a few days ago and you can easily learn how to install it with this tutorial.
in order to successfully flash this custom rom for your galaxy nexus, you will first have to read the preparation info below. here’s what you need to know:
- use this post only with the gsm variant of the samsung galaxy nexus phone. don’t try to update any other android device using the files i’ve listed in this post, as you will end up bricking it.
- your device has to be bootloader unlocked, rooted and running a custom recovery image such as twrp or cwm. i used the clockworkmod recovery for this tutorial, but you can use the twrp one if that’s the variant installed on your smartphone.
- use the same custom recovery mode to create a full nandroid backup of your current os and set a restore point for your device. restore point that can be used in case your phone doesn’t boot with the cm 10.1 rc2 rom.
- backup call logs info, sms and apn internet settings using the following applications for android: sms backup & restore | call logs backup & restore | apn settings backup & restore. root access is needed for some of these applications, as otherwise you cannot launch them on your pc.
- since the tutorial will ask you to ‘factory reset’ the phone before installing the new rom, you will need to backup some of your most important apps that are stored on the system partition. the internal sdcard will not be wiped by this guide, which is why all the data stored on it doesn’t have to be backed up.
- make sure to sync your contacts data with your gmail account before the cm 10.1 installation.
- enable usb debugging option from the developer options menu.
- make sure that there is enough power left in the phone’s battery, as you wouldn’t want the phone to switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- this guide is for advanced android users.
- don’t skip any steps listed below and first you should the entire post before starting the update.
- if you cannot complete the upgrade to the latest cm 10.1 rc2 rom, ask for extra help in comments.
now that you’ve read all of the above, continue to the next part of this post