09-09-13, 04:11 pm
cyanogenmod team has finished work on their second release candidate build of their cm 10.1 roms, which means that now you can download the corresponding build for your verizon galaxy nexus phone. read all the info in this post and you should be able to successfully upgrade your device.
in order to make sure that you successfully install the new rom, you will first need to read the preparation guide below. you’ll learn how to properly backup some of your most important files and what you should do so that you will install cm 10.1 rc2 rom on your galaxy nexus vzw at your first attempt. here’s what you need to know:
- use this guide only with the verizon samsung galaxy nexus phone. don’t try to flash the files you find here on any other android device.
- the vzw galaxy nexus should be on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be fully rooted and running a custom recovery image. i’ve used the cwm recovery for this post, but you can also use the twrp recovery in case you have that one installed on your device.
- use the custom recovery mode to create a full nandroid backup of the current os. this will set a restore point for your device that you can use in case the new rom doesn’t boot successfully.
- backup sms, call logs or the apn internet settings using the following apps for android: sms backup & restore | call logs backup & restore | apn settings backup & restore. root access is needed for some of these apps.
- you should sync the contacts data with your gmail account, so that you won’t lose any of your saved phone numbers in the process.
- the tutorial contains a steps that requires you to ‘factory reset’ the device, which means that you will lose only the data from the system partition. all installed apps will be removed, so it would be best for you to find an app backup tool and save some of your favorite apps’ data.
- enable usb debugging option from the android developer options.
- make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left in it before the device powers off completely.
- don’t blame us in case something goes wrong making you lose data or bricking the device.
- read the entire tutorial first and don’t skip any steps that i’ve listed below.
- if you cannot complete the update, then you should ask for more help in comments.
these were all the guidelines that you had to go over before moving to the interesting part of this article