09-09-13, 04:11 pm
samsung released a new ota update for the galaxy note 2 n7100 phablet, the jelly bean 4.1.2 firmware version number xxdmc3, so as usual i will show you how to manually flash the software on your device. the rom has been ota made available only in selected markets therefore, not all the note 2 n7100 users will receive the latest jelly bean flavor. that’s why if you want to get the latest updates and a more stable variant of the android 4.1.2 system, you will have to manually install the xxdmc3 os on your samsung galaxy note 2.
as you know the note 2 received several jelly bean updates as we have the xxdmb2, xxdmb5 and xxdmb6 roms already rolled out by samsung; so why should you flash the new xxdmc3 os? well, this version of the stock android 4.1.2 firmware brings several bug fixes and minor improvements as there are only few new features added. mainly, the rom will resolve the overheating issues, the dialer problems and the force-closes errors. also, the battery life will be improved and your phone will gain more speed as the system will be optimized and customized. so, in order to conclude, the new jelly bean 4.1.2 xxdmc3 rom is the latest launch of the android 4.1.2 platform available for the galaxy note 2, so it is recommended to flash the same if you want to enjoy a stable and smooth os.
as mentioned the jelly bean 4.1.2 os improvement has been rolled out only in limited markets so not all the n7100 will ota or by using kies receive the xxdmc3 firmware. also, if you have a rooted phablet, you will not be able to install the rom by air, meaning that a manual installation procedure will be required. that’s why this step by step guide will be more than helpful for you. by completing the same you will be able to learn how to safely and fast update your note 2 to official and latest android os. well, let’s get started.
first of all, be aware as this tutorial is complex and might be risky, especially if you apply things without consulting the lines from below. so, don’t skip any lines from this guide because you can end up in bricking your handset. next, you will have to check and apply the essential and general pre requisites, which are being described during the following list of tasks.
- this guide will work on rooted and un-rooted devices, so you don’t have to worry about that aspect. but, in case your note 2 is currently rooted, after flashing the jelly bean os, the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
- because of the same, now you will be able to restore the note 2 warranty; of course in case you have previously void it by rooting, unlocking the bootloader or by updating with a custom rom firmware.
- you need to backup the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory because in some cases a wipe is being required; so if you don’t want to lose your personal info, before going any further backup the text messages, efs folder, call logs, internet settings, contacts list, market apps and everything else you need; also if possible apply a nandroid backup too.
- then, make sure that you can use a windows running computer, your phablet and its usb cable.
- on both galaxy note 2 and computer deactivate the security programs, like antivirus tools or firewall protection; else you will not be able to flash the jelly bean 4.1.2 xxdmc3 os.
- also, it is a good idea to charge the battery of your handset or else your smartphone might get turned off in the middle of the update operation; and you will risk in bricking it.
- enable the usb debugging option (go to “settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging”) on your device.
- take note that this step by step guide is compatible only with the samsung galaxy note model number n7100, so don’t use the next steps for installing the android 4.1.2 xxdmc3 software on a similar or different handset as you will risk in bricking your device