09-09-13, 04:12 pm
this guide contains all the instructions that you need to follow in order to install a pre-rooted android 4.2.2 xxuamc6 firmware on your galaxy s4 i9500. it is an experimental release and we’re not sure that it works. this root appeared on xda and it seems to be the first root file that you can flash on samsung’s latest flagship device.
the galaxy s4 will be launched at the end of this post but, an xda member and developer, that goes by the name of as i9000, managed to use the system dump files of android 4.2.2 xxuamch firmware and create a new system.img file with added root and busybox. all these changes are included in a single .tar.md5 file and you can use to root the sgs4.
this root file doesn’t contain any kernels, recoveries nor modem. it is stock android 4.2.2 xxuamc6 pre-rooted and busyboxed jelly bean firmware.
in order to make sure that you successfully root your device using this guide, then you should first read the preparation info below:
- the tutorial will work only with the samsung galaxy s4 model number i9500. it is the exynos 5 octa (eight-core) cpu variant of galaxy s4. don’t use this guide with the i9505 model as you will brick it.
- your windows computer should have the samsung usb drivers installed on it.
- try and backup all the data that’s currently stored on your device.
- enable usb debugging option from the developer options menu. if you can’t find this menu, then you should open settings, then ‘about phone’ section, scroll down to ‘build number’ and tap this 7 times. you will be told that ‘now you’re a developer’ or something like that.
- make sure that your computer doesn’t have any antivirus applications running in background. you’ll use the odin app to install this rooted firmware file and an antivirus app might consider odin to be malware. note that it is a perfectly safe-to-use program.
- the battery power left level should be over 40% before starting the root process. this will prevent the device from switching off.
- use this tutorial only if you’re an advanced user and you wish to test new rooted android 4.2.2 releases on your galaxy s4. do not blame us in case you brick the phone or you lose any data files in the process.
- read all the instructions listed below and make sure that you won’t skip any steps.