19-09-13, 02:08 am
a lot of people are still waiting to get a taste of android 4.0 ice cream sandwich and now it’s the turn of sony ericsson xperia mini pro users. an ics firmware was recently released for the said device. if you own an xperia mini pro, you can get ice cream sandwich running on your phone now. check out our complete guide below to know the steps.
before you get too excited about installing this ics firmware on your sony ericsson xperia mini pro, take note that this firmware is not an official release from sony. this firmware was developed by kamarush–a third-party developer. it is still unclear when the official ics firmware for this device will be released by sony ericsson. so, if your hands are itching to death just to get a feel of ics, then this firmware is the answer to your problem.
as far as the status of this firmware is concerned, it is still an unstable version which means that there are still some things that need to be worked on. also, this firmware should not be applied to network-locked devices. though there are still some bugs, most of the features are working. i have listed below the things that are working, the bugs as well as the things that are not working with this firmware, as identified by the developer.
- working: audio, gsm, wi-fi (fixed), gps, bluetooth, 2d/3d, touchscreen, lights, vibration etc.
- bugs: data, rotation/g-sensor, hw keyboard lights
- not working: camera
- root your phone.
- download the ics firmware package for the xperia mini pro from
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- make a back up of your important files and data.
- charge your battery to avoid the process from being interrupted by loss of power.
note: us these instructions at your own risk. we will not be held liable for any damage or loss of data on your phone.
here are the instructions on how to install ics on your sony ericsson xperia mini pro:
- connect your phone to your computer using a usb cable.
- copy the firmware package file to the root of your phone’s storage.
- disconnect the phone from your computer.
- enable usb debugging in settings > applications > development > usb debugging.
- boot your phone into recovery mode, as follows: turn off the phone, press the power button, and while the phone is booting up, press the volume keys a few times.
- while in recovery mode, choose “install zip from sd card”, then “choose zip from sd card”. (use side volume keys to navigate and power button to select.)
- choose the zip file that you copied to your phone earlier. installation will now start and it will take a few minutes.
- your phone will go back to recovery mode. choose ” go back” then “reboot system now”.