19-09-13, 02:20 am
in the earlier days of android, rooting had been a painful process. many a user nervously referred to instructions and prayed against the odds that they wouldn’t accidentally brick their device. those days seem to be coming to an end, as newer and more painless methods are being developed by dedicated android users. with the advent of one-click tools, even the most novice user of the asus eee pad transformer (tf101) and the asus eee pad transformer prime (tf201) can now confidently root their tablets and enjoy administrative access.
with the use of a handy android application called sparkyroot, rooting your transformer or transformer prime, running on android 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich is as easy as four steps. it isn’t quite a one-click tool but it’s certainly a whole less stressful than having to fiddle with a command terminal.
root is achieved by installing an apk to your tablet and using the app for gaining root. this means that if you’ve been putting off rooting your transformer or transformer prime, this is a quick and pain-free method. you won’t need to break a sweat with this apk root method. developed by sparkym3, a senior member of xda developers, this apk root method is currently based on a busybox exploit discovered by another forum member, rhcp0112345.
sparkyroot has been confirmed to work on the current otas for the transformer and the transformer prime, which includes the transformer’s software version 18.104.22.168 and the transformer prime’s software version 22.214.171.124.
- this method is compatible only with the transformer, model number tf101, and the transformer prime, model number tf201. you may check your device’s model number through settings > about tablet. if your tablet’s model number does not match the aforementioned, don’t try using these instructions, as you could damage your tablet.
- use these instructions at your own risk. we shall not be responsible for damage arising from your use of these instructions.
- asus eee pad transformer (tf101) or transformer prime (tf201) running on android 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich
- the software on your transformer prime (tf201) must be version 126.96.36.199 or earlier. if you have version 188.8.131.52, tough luck–that version is unrootable yet.
- the software on your transformer (tf101) must be version 184.108.40.206 or earlier.
- access to wi-fi network on your tablet
- it’s always better to err on the side of caution, so make sure to create a backup of any important data on your tablet.
- make sure that your tablet has a fully charged battery. this prevents the device from shutting off in the middle of the rooting process.
You are not allowed to view links. Please Register Or Login
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست . لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید
- download sparkyroot.apk straight to your tablet.
- install the sparkyroot app on your tablet.
- launch the app.
- if you’re here for unrooting your tablet, tap on the unroot button to the left of the first button. otherwise,
- tap on the button labeled 1. recheck and exploit. the app will perform some checks and execute the exploit that will allow it to root the tablet.
- tap on the button labeled 2. open app backup and backup any up, then return here. this one’s self-explanatory, but just in case it isn’t clear yet, tapping on the button will open the asus app backup tool. use the said tool to backup any app. if you can’t make up your mind, backup sparkyroot. opening the said tool and backing up an app is part of the root exploit.
- return to the sparkyroot app’s screen after you’ve performed the backup.
- tap on the button labeled 3. install superuser app. this one’s also self-explanatory. this step installs the su binary, required for the system to perform admin-level commands.
- tap on the button labeled 4. cleanup. wanna guess what it does?
- if you feel like it, donate to the developers by tapping buttons 5 and 6.
congratulations! your transformer or transformer prime is now rooted.